When the surgery is closed, emergency medical is provided by Beldoc. This service exists to provide urgent or emergency treatment for patients at night or weekends.
This is not a walk-in service. You or your relatives must phone first. A doctor will return your call promptly and then speak to you or your relative and decide on the best action to take.
This may mean that you will be offered telephone advice, asked to visit the centre directly facing the Mater Hospital, or a home visit will be made if considered necessary by the GP.
Please check our phone message for further information
Out of hours contact from 6.00pm until 8.30am on Weekdays, Weekends & Bank Holidays:
- North and West Belfast - Contact 028 9074 4447
- South and East Belfast - Contact 028 9079 6220
- Lisburn Area - Contact 028 9260 2204
Urgent Care Centre (Adult) Royal Victoria Hospital
To access Urgent and Emergency Care on the Royal Site - please make your way to our new Urgent Care Centre.
Patients who would have traditionally attended the Emergency Department on the Royal Victoria Hospital Site are now being diverted to our Urgent Care Centre (UCC).
Once triaged and assessed in the Urgent Care Centre (UCC) you may be either:
- Transferred to the Emergency Department for ongoing emergency
- Provided with a more appropriate urgent care pathway, or
- Assessed and discharged with relevant treatment or advice by a medical practitioner.
Emergency Care: Life threatening illnesses or accidents which require immediate treatment
Urgent Care: An illness or injury that requires urgent attention but is not an immediate life-threatening situation
Keep Ambulances for Emergencies only